17 July 2012

Will I get my 20,000 points?

As many of you will probably have done, I recently applied for the SPG Amex For the 20,000 SPG points after £1k spend promotion (since this converts to 25k Airline miles with most schemes) however there is a well documented problem with people receiving 10k points instead of the promised 20k. See here.

Now I understand some people have seen their second 10k come through. I crossed the £1k spend threshold today so the big question is will I receive 10k or 20k!?!

You'd think a huge company like American Express would able to set up their IT systems to award 20k points for people who applied in a certain date range. But then I sometimes wonder if companies do this sort of thing on purpose to rely on people's ignorance / apathy to avoid paying out!

No comments:

Post a Comment